National, New Delhi
- Dr. Vandana Prasad was invited as a plenary speaker in the World Nutrition Congress, Cape Town held on 30th August to 3rdSeptember, 2016. She spoke on community management of malnutrition.
- Public Health Resource Network in collaboration with Jan Swasthya Abhiyan and Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health, JNU organized a Public lecture titled “The Double Burden of Malnutrition, Non-Communicable Diseases and Food Systems In The Era Of Neoliberal Globalisation” by Professor David Sanders, Emeritus Professor, School of Public Health, University of Western Cape, South Africa. Professor David Sanders is one of the founders of the People’s Health Movement, an eminent scholar and teacher, and was also closely associated with the struggle against the apartheid regime in South Africa. The Public Lecture was successfully delivered to a packed audience on 21st November 2016 in JNU.
- State Convener reviewed study report on Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayi Aarogya Yojana in Maharashtra by Cehat in March 2016
- State Convener reviewed chapter on Urban health for book titled “The Art of the Possible: Understanding and Acting on Social Determinants of Health in India”, in September to be published by the Public Health Foundation of India.
- PHRN Chhattisgarh participated in preparation of Stock taking report after one year of Bilaspur sterilization tragedy in terms of relief provided to victims, issues still being faced by them and suggestion/demands made towards the Family Planning programme.
- Support to Human Rights Law Network to file a PIL on Restriction on sterilization services for the PVTG group.
- Facilitated documentation and Media Advocacy by Jan Swasthya Members against the flouting of norms under the Chhattisgarh Clinical Establishment Act as well as the growing trend of privatization of health facilities.
- Participation by state convener in National ASHA mentoring Group.
- State Convener invited to be part of Technical Advisory Group, MoHFW for development of modules for ASHAs and other health workers for the National Non-Communicable Disease Programme.
- Participation by state convener in World Public Health Nutrition Congress in Cape Town from 30th August to 3rd September, 2016.
- Sulakshana Nandi participated in the Prince Mahidol Award Conference in Thailand from 29th January to 3rd February 2017 and presented in plenary on “Vulnerable Populations: WHO, Where and Why?” and parallel session on “Women and Children First (Urban RSBY)”.
- Study titled ‘Monitoring the Regulation of Clinical Establishments: Integrating Multistakeholder Perspectives through a campaign and a study’ presented at Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research, Vancouver, November 2016.
- Outsourcing of Human Resources for health: A case study from Chhattisgarh – presented at the 5th conference of the Indian Health Economics and Policy Association (IHEPA) organised by Institute of Development Studies Kolkata & Azim Premji University, Bengaluru
- State level POSHAN dissemination event on 21st May in Bhubaneswar.
- State level dissemination of AAM project was held in Bhubaneswar on 16th January 2017. Both the meetings had participation from government, development partners, civil society groups and community members. This dissemination event was coordinated and led by Ekjut and PHRN.
- State level consultation meeting with ICDS on Bagiya Creches. This consultation was organised by UNICEF on 30th June and 1st July in Patna, Bihar.
- Participated in the JSA core committee meeting on 12th January 2017 in Patna, Bihar. This consultation was organised by CHARM to plan, strategize and take ahead the campaign on “Access to free drugs”.
- State level dissemination of AAM project was held in Ranchi on 14th February 2017. Both the meetings had participation from government, development partners, civil society groups and community members. This dissemination event was coordinated and led by Ekjut, PHRN and CINI.
- Our senior Programme Coordinator, Mr. Haldhar Mahto completed MPH from University of Western Cape, South Africa.