PHRS works and provides assistance on the basis of need, regardless of race, creed or religion, addressing the rights of vulnerable groups and disadvantaged populations, particularly women and children. At PHRS, we value equality and diversity at all times. We are committed to work towards creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect and consideration that values each partner’s contribution.
We believe that appropriate, and responsive public health services are imperative for the health and well-being of our population. Good and ethical public health practice stems from meaningful and well-rounded public health capacities. We are constantly seeking new knowledge and perspective, as much as questioning the existing ones. We seek to deeply engage with public health practitioners on the frontline of action and the community and seek to facilitate and enable them with core knowledge and competencies that will translate into game-changing practice.
Building Capacities for Public Health Action.
Aims & Objectives
- To contribute and strengthen the efforts directed towards attaining health for all including universal access to basic goods, facilities and services related to health and health care, improved working and living conditions for all and all health care services that are necessary for the attainment of the highest levels of physical, mental and social health for all without any discrimination.
- To provide resource support and technical assistance to all practitioners of public health or those who work for the cause of health for all.
- To network and build solidarity and promote exchange of views and experiences amongst practitioners of public health and all those who work for the cause of health for all.
- To assist any governmental or non governmental agency or social movement in planning for health from the panchayat, block, district and state levels to the national level.
- To build effective inter-linkages between health and development planning at all levels.
- To undertake research and other assignments in any aspect of health or related sectors or anysector related to development as well as the fulfillment of basic rights of citizens.
- To undertake and implement projects or programmes in health or related sectors or any sector related to development as well as the fulfillment of basic rights of citizens.
- To promote networking and participate in advocacy for better policies and programmes in order to promote the goals and objectives of the society.
- To provide public health practitioners and students higher education opportunities to increase their capacities and enhance their career growth through various strategies including distance learning programmes.
- To reach out to those dedicated individuals and organizations for whom health equity is major concern, and share with them essential information and opportunities to contribute to this goal.
- To support the process of empowering civil society and its organizations for improved and increased public participation in public health planning and management.
- To act as a national interface to promote best practices and learning and work of various agencies and bodies in Health and Development as decided by the Governing Body.
- To participate in and to foster co-operation with national and international institutions and associations with similar purpose and to represent nationally and internationally scientific work of the Society in the field of public health.
- To create and foster subsidiary organizations and institutions dedicated to promote health.
- Conducting learning programmes for public health practitioners both within and outside of government.
- Promoting Fellowship Programmes to induct and groom interested persons into working towards public health goals.
- Undertaking formal teaching programmes in collaboration with academic institutions.
- Strengthening community processes
- Support to the ASHA programme
- Facilitating effective VHSC functioning and village health planning
- Facilitating public participation in health management through bodies like Rogi Kalyan Samiti
- Capacity building and support to PRIs’ involvement
- Assisting community monitoring processes to improve facilities and services
- Making district planning more equitable and effective by
- Research inputs
- Independent appraisals and evaluations
- Assisting access to information and technical resources
- Organising peer reviews
- Promoting networking and the emergence of district and state level groups and teams with a high degree of motivation and skill. Holding conventions, seminars, study groups and meetings to facilitate this process.
- Undertaking appropriate research and policy advocacy to further the goal of “Health for All”.